Sometimes after eating a delectable meal, you are forced to pack away the leftovers. But did you know that if you are not careful you can be inviting toxins into your body by reheating certain foods? Here’s a list of foods that become toxic when reheated.
This has the highest health risk attached to it when reheated. Mushrooms should be eaten immediately after being prepared, or if refrigerated it must be eaten cold. If reheated, you are putting yourself at risk of digestive, and heart problems over time.
Reheating fried and boiled eggs can create lethal bacterium within your system, so never do that.
Potatoes are essential to your diet. It is high in starch, and have many health benefits, but if left to cool at room temperature and unrefrigerated, a certain something called botulism begins to grow. After this, reheating potatoes makes them dangerous for your body.
Chicken, one of the most common foods around, is exceptionally dangerous when consumed a day later. If refrigerated, it should be eaten cold. If not, some digestive problems will be on the way because the structure of proteins in chicken changes when chilled. However, if you must heat it, make sure and do it at a low temperature for a long period.
Spinach can never be reheated. Eat it immediately right after being cooked. Why? Nitrates form into nitrites when reheated becoming carcinogenic for your body.
Used as a seasoning, celery is widely used in many dishes including soups. However, it contains nitrates just like spinach that transform into nitrites after being reheated. If you need to reheat the soup remove the celery.
Here’s the third addition to the nitrates team, Beets are very harmful and destructive for the body if reheated.